If you are notified that an employee thinks that they have COVID-19 symptoms or thinks that they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you see one of your employees with COVID-19 symptoms follow the instructions below.
Employees can find guidance on the Faculty, Staff, Residents and Fellows page of the What Should I Do? section. Download the Employee and Supervisor COVID-19 Protocols and Testing Instructions.
- If the employee is at work or at home and notifies you that they have symptoms: Tell them to stay home or go home and complete Step 2 of the employee protocol. They will receive a disposition from the screening survey.
- If you notice an employee at work with symptoms: Send them home immediately and direct them to complete Step 2 of the employee protocol. They will receive a disposition from the screening survey.
- If the employee is at work or at home and tells you they think they have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person: Tell them to complete Step 2 of the employee protocol. They will receive a disposition from the screening survey.
- Low-Risk Designation: Employee may remain at work or, if at home, return to work on the schedule agreed upon by you and the employee.
- High-Risk Designation:
- If the employee received a high-risk designation: Call all employees and/or others who are listed as having close contact from the Close Contact Report and send them the template email from Step 2. Repeat as necessary.
- Make sure you get all Close Contact Report back from the employees to whom they were sent.
- Send the Close Contact Report to the Department Chair/Head/Program Director with a copy to Occupational Health.
- The supervisor should complete the COVID-19 Housekeeping Protocol/Request Form for Cleaning/Disinfecting.