Presentations by full-time and community faculty, as well as faculty from other institutions. Such lectures often include content that provides a multidisciplinary approach to surgical patient care
- Case presentations that discuss complications and causes of death in patients admitted to the surgical teaching services
- Held weekly for one hour
Visiting Professors are scheduled approximately four times per year. The Visiting Professor typically presents at Friday Grand Rounds.
In conjunction with the assigned faculty member, residents present four journal articles regarding current patient management trends and new operative procedures. This forum provides residents with the ability to critically review journal articles as they relate to research design, methodology, statistics and implications for patient treatment.
- Held 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month (Journal Club is not held November through January and June through July).
- The fellow is encouraged to attend, but attendance is not mandatory.
- The fellow participates in three sessions per month with various faculty members for a Critical Care topical journal club.
- The fellow is responsible for selecting three appropriate journal articles on an assigned topic and discussing these in detail.
- This session lasts between 30 minutes to an hour.
- Fellows complete a core rotation in the Burn Trauma Unit.
- Fellows also complete elective rotations with the following services: Anesthesia, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care Unit, Pulmonary, Renal, Vascular Intensive Care Unit and research rotations.
- Review the fellowship handbook for more information on our policies.
- Consists of weekly Wednesday sessions with ER Ultrasound Fellows.
- Covers ARDMS abdomen/physics during the first half of the year.
- Covers ARDMS cardiac during the final half of the year.