The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency will only accept applications via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Please do not email any application materials. Completed applications are due on or before November 1.
Only applicants who have graduated from MD/DO programs within the last 5 years will be considered. International medical graduate ERAS applications with outstanding academic records will also be considered.
Your ERAS application must include:
- A personal statement
- Your medical school transcript
- A medical school dean’s letter (MSPE)
- At least 3 clinical letters of recommendation based on experience (not longer than three years ago) in the U.S. or the U.K.
- Research experience does not meet this requirement. If used, research-related letters of recommendation must be in addition to your 3 clinical letters of recommendation.
- A digital photograph
- Passing USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX 1 score
- Passing USMLE Step 2 (CK and CS) or COMLEX 2 (CE and PE) score
Applicants with previous residency training must also submit:
- A letter of recommendation from previous residency director(s)
- In-training exam scores
- Schedule of rotations completed at previous residency
International medical graduates
In addition to the requirements above, international medical graduates must also:
- Have a valid and current ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates who have completed medical school)
- Graduate in time to obtain ECFMG certification and be able to start residency on July 1 (for international medical graduates who are still attending medical school)
- Submit at least 1 letter of recommendation, which must reflect your U.S. primary care clinical experience
- Have a minimum of 900 hours U.S. clinical hours included on application
- Most of this must be hands-on experience. Some observation/shadowing will be accepted.
- Research experience will not be counted as clinical experience.
- Clinical experience from the U.S., Canada and the U.K. will be accepted.