Foreign Nationals who are non-U.S. permanent resident applicants (green card holders) are not eligible for federal financial aid due to foreign status, and may be issued a conditional acceptance under the following terms:
- Applicants with or applying for an F-1 Visa are required to submit current financial information that demonstrates the applicant has readily available funds to pay all tuition, fees, and living expenses for the first year of study, and documentation that adequate funds will be available for each subsequent year of study. (Note: M-1 Visa holders/applicants must demonstrate readily available funds for the entire period of study.)
- Current financial information is defined as documentation no more than 60 days old from a financial institution. If the account is in the name of someone other than the student, a signed affidavit from the account holder expressing intent and ability to support the student’s educational expenses will be required to be submitted with the financial information. Financial information that is not in U.S. dollars is required to be converted to U.S. dollars by a financial institution.
- It is the responsibility of the student to submit the required financial information on an annual basis to Kim Botdorf, Associate Director of Financial Aid one month prior to the start of classes.
- It is the responsibility of the student to keep his/her visa status in good standing and provide documentation of visa status annually to Christine Points, Human Resources Specialist, one month prior to the start of classes.
- The student will be required to comply with all federal immigration regulations.
- Once the funds have been paid for the academic period, per institutional policy, the funds will not be refunded if the student withdraws, is expelled, allows his/her visa to expire, or leaves for any other reason during that period.
This policy applies to all residential programs offered at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Please, direct payment questions to the attention of Kim Botdorf, Associate Director of Financial Aid and visa status questions to Christine Points, Human Resources Specialist.