Thank you for your interest in the Early Assurance Surgical Assisting, MSA Program at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS). The Early Assurance Program (EAP) offers early acceptance to undergraduate students in their junior year at a participating institution. Applicants must have expressed interest in Surgical Assisting, are in good academic standing and are enrolled at an accredited undergraduate institution.
To be eligible for the Early Assurance Program, a student must:
- Be at least in their Junior Year at University and with only one year left to complete in their undergraduate education. Interested students should meet with the University EAP advisor during their freshman year to express interest in the EAP.
- Meet citizenship requirements of the Program.
- Meet all undergraduate institutional and degree requirements to continue as a student in good standing.
- Maintain an overall (cumulative) GPA of 3.00 or better.
- Have satisfactorily completed, by the time of application, 4 or 5 prerequisite courses at the institution as indicated on the Program's EAP website and not having withdrawn from or repeated any course(s) used to satisfy the prerequisites.
- Have no academic or other code of conduct violations.