Thank you for your interest in the Early Assurance Surgical Assisting, MSA Program at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS). The Early Assurance Program (EAP) offers early acceptance to undergraduate students in their junior year at a participating institution. Applicants must have expressed interest in Surgical Assisting, are in good academic standing and are enrolled at an accredited undergraduate institution. The following institutions are participating in the Early Assurance Program with the EVMS Surgical Assisting Program:
- Hampton University
- Norfolk State University
- Regent University
- Virginia Wesleyan University
To be eligible for the Early Assurance Program, a student must:
- Be at least in their Junior Year at participating institution, having been enrolled as a "career student" at the institution from Freshman year of college (this program is not available to students transferring into the institution) and with only one academic year left to complete in their undergraduate education. Interested students should meet with the institution EAP Advisor during their freshman year or within the first semester of coursework to express interest in the EAP.
- Meet citizenship requirements of the Program.
- Meet all undergraduate institutional and degree requirements to continue as a student in good standing.
- Maintain an overall (cumulative) GPA of 3.00 or better.
- Have satisfactorily completed, by the time of application, 4 or 5 prerequisite courses at the institution as indicated on the Program's EAP website and not having withdrawn from or repeated any course(s) used to satisfy the prerequisites.
- Have no academic or other code of conduct violations.