Urology Associates of Fredericksburg
Practice information: We are a 9 provider group including 8 physicians and one 1 NP. We service 3 hospitals in Fredericksburg and deal with all urological issues from urinary tract infections to bladder and kidney cancers. We are highly skilled in the treatment of kidney stones, prostate cancer and female urology. We see patients in two offices and have a very competitive salary and benefit package. We are very interested in expanding our level practice.
Position Information: We are interested in a permanent full time new graduate or an experienced PA. There will be some on call and rounding responsibilities but the main focus will be office patients.
Brief job description: Provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services, including patient histories and physicals, treatments, medications, pre-operative and post-operative care, etc. to patients, under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sees adult, patients in a clinic setting, performing routine medical assessments and treatments i.e., obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, counsels patients, etc.
2. Performs patient pre operative surgery admission histories and physicals for surgical patients. Forms patient assessment and develops preliminary patient care plan. Performs and documents all activities in accordance with established policies and protocols.
3. Provides post operative care to patients on an as necessary basis i.e., evaluates patient's physical
condition to ensure no secondary complications have occurred due to surgery, removes sutures and/or staples,
aspirates wound fluids, provides specific patient care as needed, etc. in accordance with established policies and
4. Dictates discharge summaries for patient's medical record and for billing purposes, including final diagnosis,
operations and/or procedures performed, complications (if any), discharge needs, discharge instructions, and a
narrative summary of patient's stay as well as pertinent laboratory and pathology findings, in accordance with
established policies and protocols.
5. Occasionally makes hospital patient visits (rounds), with physician and/or independently, to monitor patient's
current physical condition.
6. Documents all procedures and/or services to patients in accordance with established procedures to ensure accurate billing to patient accounts.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience required: New grad or experienced PA
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable salary based on experience. Benefits include CME reimbursement, PTO, 401k eligible after one year.
Contact: Hillary Vernon, Practice Manager
Posted on January 29, 2020
Back to top