Independence Family Medicine
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Practice information: Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group (TPMG) is actively seeking a board-certified Physician Assistant to practice part- or full-time at our Independence Family Medicine location in Virginia Beach. TPMG includes more than 220 physicians and advanced care practitioners in multiple locations throughout southeastern Virginia. Independence Family Medicine is a busy, established, outpatient-only practice in a suburban setting, serving patients of all ages.
Brief job description: Provide exceptional patient care within your scope of practice, including promoting preventative care and health maintenance, and engaging patients in their health decisions.
- Function independently, performing patient-specific histories and physical examinations
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing
- Implement interventions needed to bring about optimal health and outcomes
- Establish rapport with patients, supervising physician, colleagues, and staff
- Utilize electronic medical record software effectively to document patient encounters, place orders, prescribe medications, bill for services, sign consult notes, et al
- Share equally in call rotation with physician and colleagues
Experience required: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program; Possession of an active Virginia license, DEA license, board certification, and BLS certification; Experience of at least two years in a primary care setting (preferred, not required–will consider a new graduate); Ability to perform office procedures, e.g. biopsies, joint injections, suturing, IUD placement, etc. (preferred, not required); Eagerness to learn and teach others new knowledge and skills; Adaptable to the changing demands of the office and the medical profession.
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary; 401k available; Insurances offered, including health, disability, dental, and others; Paid vacation and holidays, and sick/bereavement leave; Paid CME, licensure, society membership, and malpractice insurance; Office currently open Monday-Friday, with no weekend shifts; Managing Physician is board-certified in Family Medicine, with over ten years’ experience supervising Physician Assistants.
Apply at this web link: https://mytpmg.com/career-opportunities-tidewater-physicians-multispecialty-group/clinical-nonclinical-support/?gnk=job&gni=8a7887a87218f9aa0172390fe1ad2a18&gns=Internal%20Applicant
Contact: Elizabeth Palasz, Independence Family Medicine, Office Manager
Posted on May 22, 2020
Back to top