To train students, in order to equip them with vibrant and dynamic public health knowledge and skills for serving health needs of populations, and for improving the public’s health.
- To provide instructional programs to students and local/regional health practitioners that enhance their ability to develop, promote, and strengthen public health practices in Hampton Roads.
- To ensure that all MPH Program graduates can demonstrate knowledge and skill in the core areas of public health.
- To prepare students to practice successfully in diverse health service, academic, and research settings.
- To offer opportunities for faculty and students to develop and participate in research targeted towards improving the public’s health and encourage the faculty to provide expertise in leadership and services to public health agencies, and enhance public health practice on a local, regional, and national basis.
- To collaborate and consult with community agencies and other organizations that are committed to improving the public’s health.
- To evaluate, assess, and improve continuously the education, research and service activities of the MPH Program.