The Certificate in Anatomy at EVMS is a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive knowledge of human gross anatomy in 8 weeks. The focus of the program is dissection of the whole human body while learning basic descriptive, functional and clinical anatomy. Medical school-level instruction occurs on-site through didactic lectures, small group learning activities and dissection labs. Successful completion of the Certificate program with a B+ or higher will lead to preferential selection into the master's program the next year.
This program is ideal for individuals who wish to:
- improve an application to a health professional or medical school
- strengthen foundational knowledge prior to matriculating into health professional or medical school
- take an anatomy course
- enhance workforce credentials
This course aims to teach the fundamentals of human gross and clinical anatomy for individuals who have an interest in anatomy but do not want to pursue, or do not need, a master's degree.
Program dates: June through July
Schedule: The program meets daily (Monday-Friday) for 8 weeks, approximately 5 hours a day.
Tuition and Fees: $5,350 and $713
Prerequisite: Bachelor’s degree
Course: Clinical Gross Anatomy - MCHA500
This course builds the foundation required for students to learn basic descriptive, functional and clinical human anatomy through didactic lectures, small group learning activities and e-learning modules. Hands-on application of anatomical concepts and relationships will be gained through whole body dissection in small groups.
NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2023
- Submit application, including the nonrefundable $125 application fee.
- Log into the online application, create a username/password and complete and submit the online form. If you cannot complete the form in one sitting, all of your information will be saved, and you may return to finish the process.
- Submit a personal statement.
- Following the online instructions, applicants must contact every college or university attended and request transcripts to be sent directly to GradCAS. GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from:
- To send transcripts to GradCAS by mail, download a transcript request form after you enter each institution in GradCAS. Send the transcript request form to the registrar at the institution and mail it to:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
Application materials are considered on a rolling basis, starting October 1, and are considered until May 14 or until all positions are filled.
Applicant help center
- Having trouble accessing the GradCAS application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Access the Applicant Help Center.
- If you have questions about your application status, please contact GradCAS Customer Service Representative at 857.304.2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
Admissions and enrollment
Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received and will be considered based on space availability. Financial Aid is not offered for the certificate.
For any other admissions questions, please contact Admissions and Enrollment:
School of Health Professions
Admissions and Enrollment
Attention: Contemporary Human Anatomy
Eastern Virginia Medical School
700 W. Olney Road, Room 1155
Norfolk, VA 23507-1607
Tel: 757.446.7437 | 757.446.7153