Masks continue to be required in EVMS Medical Group departments and in certain common spaces in clinical buildings, including lobbies, elevators, hallways and bathrooms on clinical floors. Clinical buildings include Hofheimer Hall, Andrews Hall, Williams Hall/Strelitz Diabetes and SGF Jones Institute.
Masks are not required, regardless of vaccination status, in the following spaces.
- All non-clinical buildings
- Study rooms in all buildings
- Shared break rooms located in clinical departments (e.g. resident rooms, lunch spaces, etc.)
- Classrooms, labs and other academic rooms
- The student and employee Wellness Centers
- Educational lecture rooms that are in clinical buildings (e.g., Grand Rounds)
Eye protection in EVMS Medical Group departments is no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals who are providing routine clinical care.
Although wearing masks is optional, COVID-19 remains active in the region and individuals who want to continue to wear a mask for any reason are free to do so.
The two-person per elevator restriction has been lifted. While social distancing is no longer required, it is still recommended for individuals who are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines or those at higher risk of getting sick with COVID-19.