EVMS' Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine is a progressive fellowship offering the ideal mix of superb clinical and surgical skills, advanced ultrasound training and a strong research foundation in the field of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
There are numerous reasons to consider our MFM fellowship at EVMS:
- The division is clinically busy with over 3,300 deliveries per year, with the majority being high-risk pregnancies.
- We have extensive expertise in prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal anomalies, and our faculty is internationally renowned for fetal echocardiography and cardiovascular assessment.
- During your second year of your fellowship, you will have 12 consecutive months to complete your clinical research projects with faculty mentorship and research coordinator support.
- All eleven MFM faculty in the division have vast clinical experience, with diverse interests in all aspects of maternal-fetal medicine.
- Third year fellows direct the placenta accreta spectrum clinic and are the primary surgeons on all accreta cases with direct supervision from MFM faculty.
- The MFM fellows assist and perform all invasive procedures to include amniocentesis, chorionic villous sampling, fetal transfusion and fetal interventions.
- We train fellows in gynecologic sonography.
- Southeastern Virginia, with easy access to urban living and beaches, is an ideal place to live and raise a family.
Thus, if you are seeking a MFM fellowship, which will ensure superb training in clinical and surgical obstetrics and highly advanced obstetric sonography, while ensuring you have ample time to do clinical research, visit us in Norfolk and consider being part of this exciting division!
For additional inquiry, please contact us at 757.446.7350.
Alfred Abuhamad, MD
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship Director