Master's of Medical and Health Professions Education
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. Application opens October 1 with a March 15 application deadline. After March 15 rolling admission will occur until the cohort is filled.
Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Professions/Medical discipline or related field or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with the addition of 3+ years of work experience in a health field
- Complete and submit online application (including $125 application fee)
- Qualifying GPA of 3.0 or better (4-point scale)
- Actual undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better from the degree-granting institution, OR
- Completed U.S. graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or better from the degree-granting institution, OR
- A replacement GPA of 3.0 or better computed from the most recent 40 semester credit hours of U.S. graduate and undergraduate coursework in the case where a graduate degree was started and not completed
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with applicant's ability to be successful in an online graduate program
- Recommenders must submit this form through the GradCAS Evaluator Portal.
- Letter of intent/personal essay outlining the applicant's academic and professional goals related to medical and health professions education
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended, including an official transcript from any degree-granting institution that specifies the date upon which the degree was issued. Transcripts must be sent electronically or by mail directly to GradCAS. Any official transcript received by the program or the School of Health Professions Admissions and Enrollment department will not be accepted. If you do not list or send official transcripts for all institutions attended, processing of your application will be delayed.
The MMHPE Application Process page provides detailed information about:
- Transcript submission via GradCAS
- Applicants with degrees from non-US institutions
Requests to transfer graduate credits from another accredited U.S. or Canadian institution are considered on an individual basis after students are admitted to the EVMS MMHPE program. Non-US institution credits are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
A student may transfer up to 9 graduate credit hours, if all of the following conditions hold:
- Graduate course credits were completed at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution and are reflected on an official transcript
- Transfer credits must have been earned within seven years of matriculating into the MHPE program
- Grade earned is a B or better
All requests must be made by the end of the student's first term in the program. Students who wish to request that graduate credits be transferred into the MHPE program must submit a copy of the syllabus for the course to the program director who will consult with teaching faculty as appropriate and render a decision. Approved transfer grades are included on student's transcript; however, transfer grades are not included in semester or cumulative GPA calculations.
Join an online Info Session to learn more about the MHPE Programs.
Applicant Help Center
- Having trouble accessing the GradCAS application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- The Applicant Help Center can be accessed here: Applicant Help Center
- If you have questions about your application status, please contact your GradCAS Customer Service Representative contact information at (857) 304-2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com