Applicants to the program must have:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or Canada prior to matriculating at EVMS. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must indicate the date the degree was conferred.
- Successfully completed each of the following medical school prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of physics with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of organic chemistry/biochemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of chemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of biology with labs
Online coursework and study abroad coursework are not accepted to fulfill prerequisite requirements.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better.
- MCAT (Students pursuing medical school)
- One-year program: MCAT with a strict minimum score of 503.
- Two-year program: MCAT with a minimum score of 496.
- We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken January 2017 to present for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applicants with an MCAT score below the accepted minimum for either program will not be considered for admission.
- We do not accept GRE scores in place of MCAT scores.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
Applicants from rural or other underserved regions and those who have been disadvantaged or underrepresented for economic, racial or social reasons, and who possess the motivation and aptitude required for the study of medicine, are strongly encouraged to apply.
All courses to fulfill the degree requirements for the Medical Master's program must be taken at EVMS. No credit will be given for courses taken at another institution.
Since we have a rolling admissions process, applicants are encouraged to apply early and submit all of their application materials as they become available, even when planning to take the MCAT/DAT at a later date. When your MCAT/DAT score is released and received by Admissions, your file will be complete and ready for review by the admissions committee.