Applicants to the program must have:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or Canada prior to matriculating at EVMS. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must indicate the date the degree was conferred.
- Successfully completed each of the following medical school prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of physics with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of organic chemistry/biochemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of chemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of biology with labs
Online coursework is accepted for Spring, Summer, & Fall 2020 only. Study abroad coursework is not accepted to fulfill prerequisite requirements.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better.
- One-year program: MCAT with a minimum score of 503.
- Two-year program: MCAT with a minimum score of 496.
- We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken January 2019 to present for the 2021-2022 school year.
- We do not accept GRE scores in place of MCAT scores.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
Applicants from rural or other underserved regions and those who have been disadvantaged or underrepresented for economic, racial or social reasons, and who possess the motivation and aptitude required for the study of medicine, are strongly encouraged to apply.
All courses to fulfill the degree requirements for the Medical Master's program must be taken at EVMS. No credit will be given for courses taken at another institution.
Since we have a rolling admissions process, applicants are encouraged to apply early and submit all of their application materials as they become available, even when planning to take the MCAT at a later date.