Medical Master's Program Admissions Requirements
Applicants to the program must have:
- a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or Canada prior to matriculating at EVMS.Official transcripts from the awarding institution must indicate the date the degree was conferred.
- successfully completed each of the following medical school prerequisite courseswith a grade of "C" or better:
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of physics with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of organic chemistry/biochemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of chemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of biology with labs
Online coursework is not accepted to fulfill prerequisite requirements. Prerequisite courses taken abroad are generally not accepted, however exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better.
- MCAT - (Students pursuing Medical School)
- [One-Year Program] MCAT with a score of at least 27.
- [Two-Year Program] MCAT with a score of at least 23.
- We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken January 2013 to present for the 2015-2016 school year.
- We will be posting minimum scores for the new MCAT exam in June when the first scores are released.
- Applicants with an MCAT score below the accepted minimum for either program will not be considered for admission.
DAT - (Students pursuing Dental School)
- taken the DAT with an Academic Average score of 18, with no less than an 17 in any section. We will accept DAT scores taken from January 2012 to present for the 2015-2016 school year.
- GRE - We do not accept GRE scores.
- Please click here to see the EVMS MD requirements which are slightly different from the Medical Master's program. If applying to our MD program, you need to make sure you also fulfill those requirements.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
All courses to fulfill the degree requirements for the Medical Master's program must be taken at EVMS. No credit will be given for courses taken at another institution.
* Since we have a rolling admissions process, applicants are encouraged to apply early and submit all of their application materials as they become available, even when planning to take the MCAT/DAT at a later date. When your MCAT/DAT score is received, your file will be complete and ready for review by the admissions committee.