Requests to transfer graduate credits from another accredited U.S. or Canadian institution are considered on an individual basis after students are admitted to the EVMS-ODU MPH program. International credits are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
A student may transfer up to 9 graduate credit hours, if all of the following conditions hold:
- Graduate course credits were completed at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution and are reflected on an official transcript
- Transfers can feasibly occur within the six-year matriculation limit of this MPH program
- Grade earned is a B or better
- Credits for an MPH core course were completed at a CEPH-accredited school or program in public health.
All requests must be made no later than one full term prior to graduation from the program.
Students who wish to request that graduate credits be transferred into the MPH program must submit a copy of the syllabus for the course and a transfer approval request form to the appropriate track coordinator, who will consult with teaching faculty as appropriate. Requests are subject to the approval of the MPH program director. In exceptional cases, the director may approve a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours for transfer. Approved transfer grades are included on an MPH student’s transcript; however, transfer grades are not included in semester or cumulative GPA calculations.
Internal Transfer Credits
Non-matriculating and certificate students taking courses in the MPH program may transfer up to 25 internal transfer credit hours. A grade of ‘B’ or better is required for each transferred course.
Non-matriculating students who apply to matriculate into the MPH program may be granted admission for the spring or summer terms. The admission process for matriculating students applies.
Approved internal grades will be included on an MPH student’s transcript and will be included in cumulative GPA calculations.
Applicant Help Center
- Access the Applicant Help Center for technical assistance.
- Having trouble accessing the application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- If you have questions about your application status, please contact your GradCAS Customer Service Representative contact information at 857.304.2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com