EVMS sponsors residency and fellowship programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and a podiatry residency accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education. All accredited programs must abide by and be in compliance with the standards established by their accrediting body.
Additionally, we sponsor several fellowship programs for which an accreditation body is not available. These programs must provide the Graduate Medical Education Council with completed curriculum and evaluation systems and must maintain compliance with all policies and procedures of the EVMS Graduate Medical Education Council.
Many of our programs result in eligibility for medical specialty board certification, subspecialty certification and certification of added qualifications. Visit residencies and fellowships for detailed information.
These policies and procedures have been approved by the EVMS Graduate Medical Education Council for use by clinical program directors/chairs, all resident, and all fellows.
- GME Dismissal and Termination of Contract Policy
- GME Effects of Extended Leave Policy
- Insurance and Professional Liability
- Evaluation, Promotion/Reappointment, Remediation of Deficiencies and Dismissal/Termination of Contract
- GME Stipend Policy
- Moonlighting External and Added Stipend Electives
- Technical Standards Essential Abilities
- Trainee Responsibilities
- Sample Trainee Contract
- GME distributes all official contracts through New Innovations.
For additional GME policies, click the link to access New Innovations. You can find the documents in the tile named "Policies".