The application deadline is January 15. Applications are reviewed annually in the spring for the following fall semester, which begins in mid-August each year.
All application materials must be received by February 1, including:
- Completed online application, including your personal statement, along with the $60 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sent by the registrar at those institutions
- Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores, sent directly from the Educational Testing Service
- The ETS code for reporting GRE scores to EVMS is 5729.
- This requirement will no longer be necessary as of September 1, 2018.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted using the form provided within the online application
- At least two letters should be written by faculty at colleges attended by the applicant who are familiar with the student's academic and research capabilities.
- Only professional references are acceptable. Letters from personal friends and family members will not be considered.
Please note that transcripts and test scores take 4 to 6 weeks to reach us; plan accordingly.
Transcript evaluation: International applicants who attended any institution outside of the United States must contact one of the following credentialing agencies to submit transcripts for official evaluation:
These are the preferred credentialing services. If you wish to select a company other than these, please contact us first.
Instruct the credentialing agency to send the official evaluation (and translation) directly to EVMS Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions (address below). The third party documents must be comprehensive and include a course-by-course evaluation and a GPA calculation. Transcript quality points are a plus.
Evaluations are mandatory, even for transcripts from institutions that report grades in English. This provides EVMS with a U.S. credit equivalency and allows the transcripts to be reviewed accurately.
Note: It can take 4 to 6 weeks for transcript evaluations to arrive at EVMS after the agency receives transcripts. Plan ahead and request these documents early. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Translation: If the academic institution that you attended does not issue documents in English, the credentialing agency may require that you submit a word-for-word translation of your transcripts if they do not have this service available for purchase. You can contact University Language Services to submit your transcript for translation and instruct them to send the translated transcript to the credentialing agency.
An official transcript must also be submitted to EVMS Admissions & Enrollment. These third party documents do not exempt the applicant from this institutional requirement.
TOEFL: International applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL exam and receive a score as follows:
- Paper-based test: 550
- Computer-based test: 213
- IBT exam: 80
Please take the TOEFL exam online through the Education Testing Service (ETS), and request your TOEFL scores be sent directly to EVMS Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions. ETS reports scores for two years after the test date. If you have previously taken the TOEFL but the two-year period has expired, the program will accept a personal copy if available.
Official transcripts, scores and supportive application documents should be electronically submitted or mailed to EVMS Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions at the address below. If you experience technical difficulties or related problems in completing your online application, please contact:
For more information, please contact:
Margaret Morris, PhD, Program Director