The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Maintenance of Certification (MOC), also known as Continuing Certification, is a requirement of certifying boards that physicians must participate in continuing education specific to their specialty. Specific requirements vary from board to board, and are routinely updated. We encourage you to check with your board(s) often regarding requirements.
Below is a current list of specialty boards that collaborate with the ACCME:
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO)
- American Board of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (ABOHNS)
- American Board of Pathology (ABPath)
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
- American Board of Surgery (ABS)
There are four parts of MOC:
- Professionalism and Professional Standing
- Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment
- Assessment of Knowledge, Judgment, and Skills
- Improvement in Medical Practice
Because the EVMS CME office is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), we are able to assist with MOC Part II requirements.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding CME for MOC.