Faculty and Staff Guidance
Last updated: 09-15-2021
Managers should observe the Communicable Disease Policy linked below. Compensated faculty and staff should review the following workplace policies and guidance. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at 757.446.6043.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been in close proximity with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19, review what steps you need to take in the What Should I Do? section.
Supervisors need to follow instructions posted on the What Should I Do? section if they are notified of an employee who thinks that they have COVID-19 symptoms or thinks that they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Please see links below to applicable EVMS policies. (Note: You must be logged in to myPortal.evms.edu before you can access each of the documents below. Log in to myPortal here and then paste the url's linked below to download the policies.)
Last Updated: 08-13-2020 9:05 a.m.
For the convenience of employees in search of childcare assistance, below are links to some resources.
- Child Care Aware of Virginia (1-866-KIDSTLC) provides up-to-the-minute information on which child care and family day homes are open.
- YMCA of South Hampton Roads e-Learning Academy
All information and content provided or available through the third-party site links above are provided for convenience and are for general informational purposes only. EVMS has no relationship with, or control over, the service providers listed and does not recommend or endorse any service provider, or the contents of their third-party sites.
COVID-19 Surveys for EVMS Employees
03-31-2020 4:00 p.m.
EVMS has developed two surveys to assist with risk assessment, monitoring and work restriction decisions for EVMS employees and healthcare personnel who may have been exposed to COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 either in a healthcare setting or through travel-related activities or community transmission, please visit the COVID-19 Surveys page on the EVMS portal to complete the applicable survey. (Note: You must be logged in to myPortal.evms.edu to access the surveys.)
Health and Wellbeing
Last Updated: 08-04-2020 10:50 a.m.
- The Employee Assistance Program can provide counseling and other resources to help employees deal with mental health issues and a wide range of other employee issues.
- Many people are experiencing stress and anxiety as a result of COVID-19. Remember that EVMS health plans offer comprehensive coverage for both physical and mental health care. EVMS also encourages self-care during these stressful times. Remember that sleep and exercise promote immune system capacity.
- Find more resources on the Wellness section of the COVID-19 website.