Overall tips for better health
These small changes can greatly improve your daily health:
- Drink more water and less juice and soda
- Get moving by taking a walk, gardening, playing with your children,
dancing around your home, or exercising.
- Bake your food instead of frying it.
- Smoking puts you at risk of chronic diseases; call 1-800-QUIT-NOW
for help to quit smoking.
- Try to sleep at least 7-8 hours every night.
- Weighing yourself daily can help you lose weight (by encouraging you to be accountable to the foods you eat and how they affect your body.
- Make half your plate veggies and fruits.
- Try roasting your vegetables in the oven at 375ºF until the vegetables are tender.
- Try one new healthy habit each day!