M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health
Founded in 2012, the M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health is enabling EVMS to take a major step toward becoming the most community-oriented school of medicine and health professions in the nation. The institute allows EVMS to:
- train the next generation of community-minded physicians and health-care professionals;
- build a robust program that will offer students meaningful learning, research and scholarship experiences; and
- become a model for other medical schools throughout the country.
Learn more about how the Brock Institute was established here.
The Brock Institute is led by the following values:
- Excellence, integrity and collegiality: the core values of EVMS;
- Respect to autonomy, justice, beneficence and non-maleficence, the four widely accepted principles of bioethics;
- An optimal state of health as a fundamental right of every human being;
- Respect for the highest principles of scientific and academic conduct, fostering open inquiry and honoring individual rights;
- Demonstrating and teaching respect, humility, compassion, ethics, scholarship and sensitivity; and
- Understanding and embracing diversity.
To learn more, see our Founding Principles and Charter.