When an EVMS student is not local, they must complete the following in order to process the Emergency Student Loan (ESL) by email with scanned documents or fax:
Complete, review, sign, and date the "Student Emergency Loan Request" (print the note to sign and date).
- For repayment with Financial Aid proceeds, please check the "Federal Financial Aid" box in the "method of payment" section.
- For repayment with a personal cash payment, please indicate "personal" in the "method/means of payment" section.
Please note: if an ESL is being scanned and emailed, only include the last four digits of the borrower social security number on the request form.
Sign the Emergency Loan Promissory Note in the presence of a Notary Public, and have the note notarized for authenticity.
- If you are repaying the note with a personal cash payment only, you are not required to complete page 2 of the Student Emergency Loan Promissory Note.
- For questions on how to complete the Promissory Note (repayment term and which semester to choose), please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Within 2 business days, the Financial Aid office will notify you of the ESL's approval, denial, or if additional information is required.
- Upon F/A approval, the note is sent to the EVMS Financial Services for processing. Processing occurs within 24 hours.
- To have an ESL mailed, please respond to the ESL notification email sent by the SLO with the address the check should be sent.
- An ESL will not be released to, or mailed to, anyone other than the borrower.
Please note: if any item is illegible, left blank, or omitted, this could delay the processing of the ESL request and/or proper delivery and receipt.
Should you have questions, please contact: