Medical Master's Program FAQs
If I plan to take the MCAT in April and the application deadline is June 1, will I still be considered for the program in the Fall Semester?
When your MCAT scores are received, the application will be evaluated and you will compete for slots from our waitlist.
What is the length of time that an MCAT score is accepted?
Two years prior to your matriculation date. We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken from January 2013 to present.
Is an interview required before a final decision is made?
No, an interview is not required. However, if you would like to talk to someone about your individual credentials, the Program Director, Dr. Deborah H. Damon, would be happy to hear from you.
If I get accepted into the program and graduate, am I guaranteed placement in the medical school for the next year?
No, we cannot promise that you will be accepted at our medical school. However, in the last five (5) years of the program, approximately 90 percent of all graduates have been accepted into a medical school.
- 93% of the Class of 2013 has been accepted into either a MD or DO school.
Below is a list of some of the MD and DO schools our graduates have been accepted to:
- Eastern Virginia Medical School, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Virginia, University of North Carolina, University of Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Carilion School of Medicine, University of Oregon, University of Cincinnati, State University of New York, George Washington University, Uniformed Services Medical School, East Tennessee School of Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Edward Via School of Osteopathic Medicine, Meharry School of Medicine, Marshall University, University of New Jersey Osteopathic Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Jefferson Medical College -Thomas Jefferson University, Medical College of Virginia, University of Indiana, Albany Medical College, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Tufts University, Penn State College of Medicine, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine California, Utah State University, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, and University of West Virginia.
- Why EVMS Med Master's?
Is the June 1 deadline a definite due date or will you accept applications after that date?
The June 1 deadline is definite and we do not accept applications after that date. We will, however, accept supporting materials after that date such as transcripts and letters of recommendation. The application cycle for the program begins September 1 and we review applications on a rolling basis.
Can I complete an application without an MCAT/DAT score so that my recommendations and transcript(s) can be sent in a soon as possible?
Yes, we will do an in-depth review of your file with you before your application goes to the review committee.
Do you prefer Virginia residents?
No, we do not reserve seats for VA residents.
If I am on a waiting list for the medical school and decide to transfer to the Biomedical Sciences Master's (Medical Master's) Program, what do I need to do?
You will need to:
- notify the medical school in writing that you would like your records, including references, copied to the Biomedical Sciences Master's (Medical Master's) Program
- complete the Biomedical Sciences Master's (Medical Master's) application online and submit it with your $60 application fee by June 1st. (Note: If we do not receive your application or the $60 application fee, your application will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee)
- request your official transcripts from all colleges or universities that you have attended
Note: Applying to the Biomedical Sciences Master’s (Medical Master’s Program) will not negatively affect your status on the wait list for our medical school.
When your application is complete for the Biomedical Sciences Master's (Medical Master's) Program, it will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
How long does it take to find out if you have been accepted or not accepted?
Once your application is complete, it is reviewed within two weeks by the Admissions Committee.
What is the class size?
The class of 2015 has 61 students.