Information we collect.
EVMS collects name, email, phone, and other information requested on electronic or other forms when you request services from EVMS (magazine or newsletter subscription, etc.). In addition we may collect information provided through social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google or Disqus when you log in or comment to Content, as applicable. This Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen on the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
Use of the information we collect.
The information EVMS collects will be used for:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our services
- To send you marketing information about EVMS programs or services, or to send you other EVMS information that we think you may find interesting
- To contact you for market research purposes
Sharing the information we collect.
We will never sell your information, but may share your information with any or all of the following:
- The EVMS Foundation for purposes of fundraising on behalf of EVMS. For EVMS Medical Group patients, if you do not want us to contact you for fundraising efforts, you must notify our Privacy Office. Find out more.
- EVMS Medical Group for purposes of following up on a patient care complaint or to improve our patient care services to you
- Service providers that provide web related services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Cookies or similar technologies.
We may utilize certain technologies, including data analytics, to collect aggregate and non-personal information about your visit to the Site. This information helps us analyze data about Site traffic and helps us to improve our Site. This information cannot be used to identify you as an individual and will only be used for statistical analysis purposes
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, your information, we utilize various physical, electronic and administrative procedures that safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site.
Links to other websites.
Links to other websites may be provided for your convenience and information. These websites may have their own privacy statements in place. EVMS is not responsible for the content or security of linked websites or your use of such websites.
Reports of violations of any law, rule, regulation or EVMS policy should be reported in writing to: EVMS, ATTN: Office of the General Counsel, P.O. Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501 or at OGC@evms.edu.