- To equip our residents with the knowledge and skills necessary to become life-long learners and practitioners of continuous professional and practice improvement.
- Train outstanding emergency physicians capable of entering a wide spectrum of clinical and academic settings upon completion of training.
- To recruit residents and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain a high level of performance on program competency indicators, including; ACGME Faculty and Resident surveys, American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) In-training exam and ABEM Qualifying and Certifying exams.
- Maximize opportunities for improving resident and faculty wellness and resilience during residency training.
- To provide outstanding education to emergency medicine residents utilizing modern simulation within an enhanced, multimedia augmented comprehensive curriculum, using competency-based learning theory, based on the Model of the Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine.
- To produce emergency physicians with clinical competency in the performance and interpretation of point-of-care ultrasound applications across the breadth of emergency medicine.