If you have a work-related injury or illness, you should immediately notify your supervisor. You should also complete the Injury Report Form and return it to the EVMS Occupational Health fax to 757.446.7188.

If you need emergency medical care, please call 911 or proceed to the closest Emergency Room. If you would like a medical evaluation, you must choose a provider from the Workers' Compensation Primary Physician Panel form, complete the form and return it to the EVMS Occupational Health.

If your medical provider has released you back to work on modified or restricted duty, please forward documentation from the provider on the Return To Work Form. Occupational Health can assist in contacting your supervisor and determining if modified work is available.

Employees of EVMS are covered by the Virginia Workers' Compensation Act. Workers' Compensation is administered by Human Resources. For questions about Workers' Compensation, lost time payments, medication reimbursement Workers' Compensation Prescription Policy, durable medical equipment purchase or rental, please call Human Resources at 757.446.6043

For information about Virginia Workers' Compensation or to give notice of a claim for compensation for the period of disability beyond the seventh day after the accident, go to http://www.vwc.state.va.us/ or phone 887.664.2566.