How often are paper billing statements sent out?

  • Paper billing statements are usually sent out at the beginning of each academic term.

Who should I contact if I do not receive a paper billing statement?

  • Contact the Financial Services Accounts Receivable department at (757) 446-6063 or (757) 446-5740.

I have received my billing statement and I do not understand some of the charges. How do I read it and who should I contact if I have questions?

  • The positive amounts are charges such as tuition, fees and health insurance that have been added to your account balance.
  • The negative amounts are payments or credits applied to the account. The credits will have descriptions such as “FSL” for Federal Subsidized Loans, “UFSL” for Unsubsidized Federal Student Loans or “PERSONAL” for personal checks.
  • You may also contact the Financial Services Accounts Receivable department by phone at (757) 446-6063; (757) 446-5740 or  email.

I have never accessed the Student Information System (formerly MyEVMS Onlinebefore. How do I do that?

  • Log into myPortal and select "Student Information System" (SIS) under myEVMS Resources, or bookmark Log into the Student Information System using same username and password you use to log in to Blackboard. Click Home and select Financial Statement.
  • If you have problems logging into SIS, contact the EVMS Network Center at (757) 446-5871 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. If you have successfully logged onto the site but cannot find your financial statement, contact Financial Services Accounts Receivable at (757) 446-6063.

How often is electronic billing statements posted to the Student Information System (formerly MyEVMS)?


Once I receive the billing statement, how can I make a payment?

  •  You may make your payment in person or by mail using one of the following payment options: personal checks, cash and money order. The Financial Services Accounts Receivable office is located at 358 Mowbray Arch, Suite 307 (Smith-Rogers Hall, third floor) and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The phone numbers are (757) 446-5740 and (757) 446-6063.
  • If you wish to mail a check or money order please use the following address: EVMS Financial Services, 358 Mowbray Arch, Suite 307, Norfolk, VA 23501

Can I pay my tuition or any part of my account balance using a credit card?

  •  No.


How will I be notified about my refund?

  • Refunds are issued after cash and loan proceeds have been applied against your tuition account balance. Direct Deposit is the preferred method to issue students their refund.  Students enrolled in Direct Deposit will receive a notification from the Student Loan Officer in Financial Services letting them know when the funds will be posted to your bank account.  Students who are not enrolled in direct deposit will have refund checks mailed to their address on record with EVMS.  


I received my refund. Has my balance been paid?

  •  Yes, tuition and fees are paid first when loan money comes in. The remaining balance is given to the student as a refund.


When will my loans come in?

  •  Lenders usually start disbursing loans within 10 days before the start of class. However, there can be a lag between the time the funds are released by the lender to the time the lender funds are posted to the EVMS operating bank account. Once the funds are posted to the EVMS operating bank account, Accounts Receivable can apply the funds to your individual student account. If you have a question about lender funds and whether they have been received and applied against your account balance, contact Accounts Receivable.


Is this all I’m getting in refunds?

  •  Accounts Receivable immediately posts all financial aid payments and personal payments to the student’s account when they are received. Not all types of financial aid are received at the same time. You can compare your Award Letter to your student account for verification of what has paid to your account to date.


If you have a question about a financial aid source that has not yet been posted to your account, you can contact the Office of Financial Aid by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; to speak with someone in the office, call (757) 446-5804.

If you need to fax information to Accounts Receivable or student loans, you can do so at (757) 446-6150.