Medical Master's Program Admissions Requirements
Applicants to the program must have:
- completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- successfully completed each of all of the following medical school prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better in each semester: 2 semesters of physics with labs; 2 semesters of organic/biochemistry with labs; 2 semesters of chemistry with labs; 2 semesters of biology with labs. We generally do not accept on-line course work or semester abroad course work except from Canada.
- a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better.
- taken the MCAT with a score of at least 27 and a test date no earlier than two years prior to matriculation. We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken from January 2012 to present for the 2014-2015 school year.
Only U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. will be considered for admission into the program.
The program does not accept transfer credits.
* Since we use a rolling admissions process, we encourage applicants to apply early and submit all of their materials as they become available. For instance, if you do not plan on taking the MCAT exam until later in the application cycle, applying now will allow us to have the rest of your application ready when your score comes in. That way, you will not have to wait even longer to have your application evaluated by the admissions committee.