Medical Master's Program Admissions Requirements
Applicants to the program must have:
- a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or Canada prior to matriculating at EVMS.Official transcripts from the awarding institution must indicate the date the degree was conferred.
- successfully completed each of the following medical school prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of physics with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of organic/biochemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of chemistry with labs
- 2 semesters or 3 quarters of biology with labs
Online coursework is not accepted to fulfill prerequisite requirements. Prerequisite courses taken abroad are generally not accepted, however, exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better.
- MCAT - (Students pursuing Medical School)
- taken the MCAT with a score of at least 27 and a test date no earlier than two years prior to matriculation. We will accept MCAT scores from exams taken from January 2012 to present for the 2014-2015 school year.
DAT - (Students pursuing Dental School)
- taken the DAT with an average score of 18, with no less than an 18 in each section. We will accept DAT scores taken from January 2013 to present for the 2014-2015 school year.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
All courses to fulfill the degree requirements for the Medical Master's program must be taken at EVMS. No credit will be given for courses taken at another institution.
* Since we have a rolling admissions process, applicants are encouraged to apply early and submit all of their application materials as they become available, even when planning to take the MCAT at a later date. When your MCAT score is received, your file will be complete and ready for review by the admissions committee.