Biomedical Sciences Research Master's Program Admissions Requirements
- Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- We prefer that applicants have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better. However, we consider the applicant's entire record. In some cases, applicants with a GPA of 2.8-3.0 may be accepted. For example, applicants whose grades have increased over time or who had poor grades for a year due to illness may be accepted with a GPA as low as 2.8. We pay special attention to science and math course grades and we prefer to accept applicants with mostly A's and B's in these courses.
- Have successfully completed:
- Biology (2 semesters with labs)
- General Chemistry (2 semesters with labs)
- Organic Chemistry I (1 semester with lab)
- Organic Chemistry II or Biochemistry (1 semester, lab not required)
- General Math, Calculus or Statistics (1 semester)
- College Math or Physics (1 semester).
- Have a competitive Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and TOEFL (International students only) score(s) within the last 5 years.
Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer of credit may be allowed for courses comparable to those offered in our programs, which were taken in other accredited biomedical or biological sciences graduate programs in the U.S.A. Grades of B or higher or a passing grade in a pass/fail course are required. The Biomedical Sciences Research Master's Program may accept up to 9 transfer credits. Transfer credit will be determined by the Program Director in consultation with program faculty after matriculation of a student into the program.