Biomedical Sciences, PhD Program Degree Requirements
To be awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Sciences, the student must meet the following specific requirements:
- Successful completion of required basic and advanced elective courses, including lab rotations and seminars.
- Successful completion of comprehensive qualifying and candidacy examinations.
- Preparation and defense of a dissertation research proposal, approved by the student's dissertations committee.
- Writing and successfully defending a dissertation describing original research conducted while in the program.
- Maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale).
All requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed within eight calendar years from the time the student is admitted to the program.