M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health
Founded in 2012, the M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health is enabling EVMS to take a major step toward becoming the most community-oriented school of medicine and health professions in the nation. The institute allows EVMS to:
- train the next generation of community-minded physicians and health-care professionals;
- build a robust program that will offer students meaningful learning, research and scholarship experiences; and
- become a model for other medical schools throughout the country.
Learn more about how the Brock Institute was established here.
Discover how service learning in the EVMS curriculum reflects and promotes the vision of the Brock Institute.
The Brock Institute is led by the following values:
- Excellence, integrity and collegiality: the core values of EVMS;
- Respect to autonomy, justice, beneficence and non-maleficence, the four widely accepted principles of bioethics;
- An optimal state of health as a fundamental right of every human being;
- Respect for the highest principles of scientific and academic conduct, fostering open inquiry and honoring individual rights;
- Demonstrating and teaching respect, humility, compassion, ethics, scholarship and sensitivity; and
- Understanding and embracing diversity.
Read our Founding Principles and Charter.