An innovative community partnership led by EVMS and 10 EVMS faculty members are among the 2016 Health Care Heroes awarded by Inside Business magazine.
Booker T. Washington Student Care Center is the winner in the category of Corporate Achievements in Health Care. The EVMS M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health established the center through a partnership with Norfolk Public Schools, United Way of South Hampton Roads, United for Children, Optima Health and EVMS Family and Community Medicine.
The EVMS faculty members named 2016 Health Care Heroes are listed below by category:
- Physician-Internal Medicine: Ian Chen, MD, MPH, Professor of Internal Medicine
- Specialist-Ear, Nose and Throat: Joseph Han, MD, Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Physician-Obstetrics and Gynecology: Margarita de Veciana Haugh, MD, MS, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Physician-Dermatology: Antoinette Hood, MD, Professor of Dermatology
- Physician-Leadership: Christine Matson, MD, Professor of Family and Community Medicine
- Physician-Palliative Care: Deborah Morris, MD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Physician-Gerontology: Hamid Okhravi, MD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Physician-Neonatology: Brett Siegfried, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Specialist-Radiation Oncology: Mark Sinesi, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology and Biophysics
- Public Health: Kelli England Will, PhD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics
The awards were presented today, Feb. 25, at a ceremony at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott.