Opening Remarks: Noon - 12:15 p.m.
- Eva Forgacs-Lonart, PhD, Research Advisory Committee Co-Chair
- Paul Harrell, PhD, Research Advisory Committee Co-Chair
- Alfred Abuhamad, MD, Interim President, Provost, and Dean of the School of Medicine
- William Wasilenko, PhD, Vice Dean for Research
Keynote Speaker: 12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
Viewers may submit questions using the chat feature.
Introduction of Keynote Speaker: Woong-Ki Kim, PhD; Associate Dean for Research Faculty Development and Research Facilities; Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology
Janice Clements, PhD
- "The Forty Year Pandemic: Emergence, Therapy, Cure? of HIV"
- Learn more about Dr. Clements.
Platform Presentations: 1:15 - 2:30 p.m.
Viewers may submit questions using the chat feature. Please include the speaker’s name first.
Diana Bohannon, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Student: 1:15 - 1:29 p.m.
- "Induction of Type-1 to Type-2 Pericyte Transition In Vitro"
- Mentor: Woong-Ki Kim, PhD
Vincent Chan, MD Class of 2024: 1:30 - 1:44 p.m.
- Title: "Examining the Role of Cannabinoid-2 Receptor Activation in Bacterial Clearance"
- Mentor: Nagaraja Nagre, PhD
Kendra Walker, MD Class of 2024: 1:45 - 1:59 p.m.
- Title: "Clinical and Biological Features and Treatment Outcomes of Children with Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Hyperleukocytosis"
- Mentor: Hiroto Inaba, MD, PhD
Mekenzie Wilson, MD Class of 2023: 2 - 2:14 p.m.
- Title: "Impact of COVID-19 Lockdown on Overdose Emergency Response Calls in Norfolk"
- Mentor: David Mu, PhD
Seifeldin Sadek, MD, Reproductive Medicine Fellow: 2:15 - 2:29 p.m.
- Title: "PGE2 Regulates the Plasminogen Activator Pathway in Human Endometrial Endothelial Cells: Differences between Normal and Heavy Menstrual Bleeders"
- Mentor: David Archer, MD
Short Break: 2:30 - 2:40 p.m.