Research Day presenters discussed their work and took viewer questions during a 20-minute question-and-answer session on Zoom. This year's poster presentations can be found on the Research Day homepage or on the EVMS YouTube channel.
Room D Schedule
2:40 – 3 p.m.
- David Brodnik, MD Program: “Craniofacial Injuries Associated with Standing Electric Scooter Use: A Query of the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS)”
- Kyle Deivert, MD Program: “Management of Multiple Rib Fractures in Trauma Patients”
- Wihan Du Plessis, MD Program: “COVID19 Pandemic Impact on Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma”
3 – 3:20 p.m.
- Rohan Dod, MD Program: “Improving the Recognition of a "No Hit Zone" in a Pediatric Practice”
- Virginia Evans, MD Program: “Impact of COVID-19 on families of children with autism spectrum disorder”
- Morgan Shelton, MD Program: “Early indicators of potential behavioral health concerns in toddlers”
- Miranda Teixeira, MD Program: “Inconsistencies in ASQ measurements of infant social and behavioral health”
- Zachary Yorke, MD Program: “Improving Recognition of a "No Hit Zone" in Parents of Children 6 Months to 5 Years of Age in an Urban General Academic Pediatrics Clinic”
3:20 – 3:40 p.m.
- Madeleine Chasse, MD Program: “Comparison of Clinical Knowledge Acquisition at Pilot Sites Following Helping Babies Breathe/Essential Care for Every Baby Course Implementation in the Dominican Republic”
- Megan Duggins, MD Program: “Allergists Lead Anaphylaxis Preparedness Virtual Workshops for Early Childhood Professionals Amidst The COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Emmanuel Marfo, MD Program: “Analysis of Treatments of Anaphylaxis Cases in the Emergency Department at CHKD from 2010-2020”
- Levi Schiefer, MD Program: “An Analysis of the Demographics, Etiologies, and Symptoms of Anaphylaxis amongst Pediatric Patients at a Local Emergency Department in Norfolk, Virginia”
3:40 – 4 p.m.
- Riccardo De Cataldo, MD Program: “Goals and Requirements for Mentorship in an Academic Pediatric Specialty Practice”
- Shakira Young, Medical Master’s Program: “Analyzing the Initial Resident Recruitment Season After an Expedited Interdepartmental Program Merger”
4 – 4:20 p.m.
- Oluwatobi Akande, MD Program: “Managing the gap in General Academic Pediatrics (GAP) regarding food insecurity”
- Katherine Becker, MD Program: “Characterizing Food Security Within Hispanic Communities of Hampton Roads, Accomack and Northampton Counties”
- Brandon Euker, MD Program: “Overall Survival and Racial Disparity for Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) Patients in Hampton Roads, Virginia”
- Zakary Kolkey, MD Program: “Analysis of Racial Disparities in Pancreatic Cancer Survival, Diagnosis and Treatment in the Greater Hampton Roads Area”
4:20 – 4:40 p.m.
- Abigail Fariscal, MD Program: “A rare case of isolated neurosarcoidosis”
- Sudarshan Mohan, MD Program: “Conversion Disorder to Marburg Variant Multiple Sclerosis - An Unnerving Tale”
- Keshin Purohit, MD Program: “An Interesting Case of Rapidly Progressive Primary Lateral Sclerosis”
- Eunice Wu, MD Program: “Incidental Finding of Subcarinal Air Cyst or Tracheobronchial Diverticulum”