Research Day presenters discussed their work and took viewer questions during a 20-minute question-and-answer session on Zoom. This year's poster presentations can be found on the Research Day homepage or on the EVMS YouTube channel.
Room B Schedule
2:40 – 3 p.m.
- Matthew Kang, MD, Resident: “Appearance of intra-abdominal foreign bodies on multiple radiologic modalities”
- Daniel O'Neal, MD, Resident: “Common Post Metabolic Surgery Imaging Findings”
- Abigail Winz, MD, Resident: “Neuroimaging Findings in a Patient with 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome DiGeorge Syndrome”
3 – 3:20 p.m.
- Charlotte Chambers, MD Program: “Radiologic Diagnosis of Craniosynostosis”
- Theodore Hagens, MD Program: “Extraosseous Soft Tissue Uptake on Tc99-MDP Bone Scans: Case and Review”
- Katherine Johnson, MD Program: “Breast Density and its Impact on Screening Mammograms”
- Alexander Vo, MD Program: “Challenges in the Ultrasonographic Diagnosis of Chronic Cholecystitis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature”
3:20 – 3:40 p.m.
- Waleed Adawi, MD Program: “Associations between hidradenitis suppurativa and dermatological comorbidities: insights from the National Inpatient Sample”
- Yanci Algarin, MD Program: “Skin Cancer Screening Practices Among Dermatologists: A Survey Study”
- Claire McHugh, MD Program: “Immediate versus Delayed Reconstruction of Skin Defects Following Malignant Tumor Resection”
- Vanessa Ramos, MD Program: “Multiple verruciform xanthomas on the scrotum: an unusual case presentation”
3:40 – 4 p.m.
- Stephanie Bennett, MD Program: “Aristolochic Acid Directly Activates Macrophages in Aristolochic Acid Nephropathy”
- Vincent Chan, MD Program: “Examining the role of cannabinoid-2 receptor activation in bacterial clearance”
- Evan Leung, MD Program: “Effects of CSF1R Blockade on Brain Macrophages and SIV Neuropathogenesis in Acutely SIV-Infected Rhesus Macaques”
- Vanessa Ramos, MD Program: “Granulomatous Foreign Body Reaction in the Setting of Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome”
4 – 4:20 p.m.
- Stacey Carpenter, MD Program: “Get Real Academy Pilot - Implementing Virtual Comprehensive Sex Education for School-age Youth in Virginia under the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Lauren Gilgannon, MD Program: “The Get Real Open Call - Enhancing Youth and Community Engagement in an Evidence-based Comprehensive Sex Education Program using Crowdsourcing Approach”
- Tram Phung, MD Program: “Building the Capacity of Public School Teachers for Comprehensive Sex Education Intervention Using Digital Platforms Under the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic”
4:20 – 4:40 p.m.
- Dana Baraki, MD Program: “Effect of calcium channel blockers on the labor curve in pregnant women with chronic hypertension”
- Lauren Gilgannon, MD Program: “Disparities in Postpartum Long-Acting-Reversible-Contraception Use in Virginia Women: Findings from the 2012-2018 Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System Data”
- Merete Lund, MD Program: “LHCGR Mediates Angiogenic Signaling in Ovarian Microvascular Endothelial Cells”
- Ashlee Malone, MD Program: “Imaging Findings of Bicornuate Uterus at 9 weeks Gestation”