Room A Schedule
2:40 – 3 p.m.
- Syed Haque, MD Program: “Creating Community Dialogue to Improve Oral Health in Hampton Roads”
- Michele Nsianya, MD Program: “Improving health outcomes through understanding access to oral health care in Hampton Roads”
- Minh Tu Tran, Md Program: “Oral Ulcers Were the Tip of the Iceberg”
3 – 3:20 p.m.
- Laura Columbus, MD, Resident: “Congenital Portosystemic Venous Shunt: A Rare and Interesting Case Report”
- Richa Goel, MD, Clinical Fellow: “Symptom Assessment of Cancer Patients in Palliative Care Medicine Clinic”
- Seifeldin Sadek, MD, Clinical Fellow: “PGE2 Regulates the Plasminogen Activator Pathway in Human Endometrial Endothelial Cells: Differences between Normal and Heavy Menstrual Bleeders”
- Anisha Vanka, Summer Scholar: “Incorporating Vape Prevention Education in Pediatric Practices”
3:20 – 3:40 p.m.
- David Brodnik, MD Program: “An Analysis of Qualitative Themes in Yelp Reviews of Anesthesiology Practices”
- Kayla Disasi, Summer Scholar: “Patient-Targeted Googling: A Qualitative Study of Psychologists' Perceptions and Practices”
- Wais Mojadedi, MD Program: “A Preliminary Assessment on the Utility of Universal Lipid Screening Guidelines at CHKD Pediatrics”
- Shambhawi Thakur, MD Program: “Program Evaluation and Assessment of Vital Sign Measurement at EVMS HOPES Ophthalmology Clinic”
3:40 – 4 p.m.
- David Brodnik, MD Program: “An Inquiry into Equity Issues Surrounding COVID-19 Among Black and African American Individuals”
- Parth Contractor, MD Program: “COVID-19 and its effect on BMI year over year in both normal BMI patients and already identified at risk population with BMIs >85% pre-pandemic”
- Dustin Runzo, MD Program: “COVID-19 and its effect on BMI year over year in both normal BMI patients and already identified at risk population with BMIs >85% pre-pandemic”
- Mekenzie Wilson, MD Program: “Impact of COVID-19 Lockdown on Overdose Emergency Response Calls in Norfolk, Virginia”
4 – 4:20 p.m.
- Jared Berger, MD Program: “Evaluating the Effects of Covid-19 on Themes of Concern in Third-Year Medical Students and Resident Interns”
- David Brodnik, MD Program: “Regional Variation in Demand for Fellowship Training: An Analysis of Anesthesiology Job Advertisements”
- Rayghan Larick, MD Program: “POCUS: An opportunity to improve High Value Care Education in the Clinical Learning Environment”
- Jennifer Wintringham, MD Program: “@Dermatology - The Continued Growth of Instagram Utilization by Dermatology Residency Programs”
4:20 – 4:40 p.m.
- Sarah Alnaif, MD Program: “A Recommendation for a Hispanic/Latinx Community-Based Educational Intervention to Address Health Disparities in Malignant Melanoma”
- Rebecca Clawson, MD Program: “An Assessment of Dermatology Resident's Perspectives of Curriculum Inclusivity for American Indian/Alaskan Native Patients”
- Sarah Hermak, MD Program: “Skin Beauty Attitudes and Sun-Safe Behaviors Among Latinx Communities in Hampton Roads”
- Jennifer Wintringham, MD Program: “Dermatology in The Urgent Care Setting: A Retrospective Analysis of Patients Seen in The Eastern Virginia Medical School Dermatology Urgent Access Clinic”