The goals of EVMS Technology Transfer are to:
- Stimulate basic and applied research within the education, research and clinical activities of the school and enhance the interdepartmental collaboration in the basic and clinical sciences areas.
- Motivate discovery of practical applications of research by rewarding inventors for their inventions.
- Evaluate all EVMS and acquired inventions for development, patentability, and licensing potential.
- License and facilitate corporate partners in commercializing EVMS technologies and thus availing the public of EVMS inventions.
- Insure that EVMS and "EVMS Inventors" each receive an equitable share of the financial return for inventions resulting from "EVMS Activity."
- Coordinate and evaluate the use of "EVMS Inventions" in the public interest.