The mission of the EVMS Sentara Center for Simulation and Immersive Learning is to advance professional excellence through simulation-based education, research, and innovation.
The Center uses five guiding principles to form the basis of our goals and program offerings:
- Promote patient safety and clinical excellence through simulation and advanced educational technologies for training and assessment of healthcare professionals.
- Dedication to the development of simulation-based educational tools and programs to address core competencies and emerging trends across the primary and specialty domains of the healthcare system.
- Promote the use of simulation and advanced educational technologies as a competency assessment evaluation tool for a wide array of professionals.
- Conducting and report research on the development and use of simulation and advanced educational technologies.
- Provide education and mentorship to future generations of educators and researchers interested in simulation-based teaching and assessment and advanced educational technologies.