- BioRad CFX96 Real Time PCR Detection System. With technologically advanced solid-state optics, this system delivers detection sensitivity and quantitation precision with up to five-target multiplexing discrimination. The accompanying software (CFX Manager) provides intuitive navigation tools and helpful wizards for ease-of-use, with customizable data analysis and display features. This instrument requires a reservation for use.
- Agilent 2100 Electrophoresis Bioanalyzer. This system provides a single platform upon which the analysis of size, quantity, and quality of DNA, RNA, protein, or cells can be performed, with a high-quality digital readout of data. A kit specific to your sample type is necessary for system use.
- Applied Biosystems Genetic Analyzer (3130). This 4-capillary, automated instrument provides data quality, instrument reliability, and is easy to use. This instrument is part of our fee-for-service offering and requires a reservation for use.
- The iSeq 100 Sequencing System is a next-generation sequencer for DNA and RNA. The iSeq 100 System is ideal for small whole-genome sequencing (eg, bacteria, viruses, plasmids), targeted sequencing of a set of genes or gene regions, gene expression analysis, or 16S metagenomics.
- BioRad Gel Doc EZ System. This compact and automated gel-imaging instrument can produce publication-quality images. Samples can be imaged using your choice of four application-specific trays: UV (e.g., ethidium bromide), White (e.g., coomassie or silver stains), Blue (e.g., SYBR), and Stain-free (for use with Bio-Rad stain-free gels). The system comes with ImageLab software for analysis with a free-downloadable software package available for convenient analysis at your desk.
The Axygen® Gel Documentation system easily captures publication-quality, 16-bit TIFF images which are can be opened in common gel analysis software for more detailed analysis. The system has an exceptionally high resolution (5.4 MP) camera with dual wavelength transilluminators (UV 302, UV 365, Epi White). Imaging tools include crop, rotate, resize, contrast, saturation, and zoom. Annotation tools include a variety of text and drawing tools.
- Nanodrop® ND-1000 Spectrophotometer. This instrument can detect an accurate concentration of nucleic acid using only 1.5 – 2 uL of sample. In addition, 260/280 and 260/230nm ratios are provided as sample-quality information. This instrument can also be used to determine the concentration of proteins, with a standard curve function for known standard to provide protein concentration determination.
- BioTek Plate Reader. Absorption values (colorimetric readings) of samples in 96-well plates can be obtained using this instrument. Various wavelengths are available.
- The SpectraMax® iD3 Microplate Reader can be used by itself or in conjugation with SoftMax® Pro 7 Software. The SpectraMax iD3 reader measures absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence. Features include temperature control up to 65°C, orbital and infinity shaking, a four monochromator optical pathway, spectral scanning and detection of plate formats from 6- to 384-wells.
- Thermo Scientific Speed-Vac. A centrifugal type piece of equipment with an attached vacuum to remove moisture to concentrate or dry samples. Samples can be “speed vac’d” with or without heat.
- Odyssey Infrared Imaging System (LiCor). This instrument uses direct infrared fluorescence detection to provide quantitative analysis of your western blots with a wide linear range. Two detection channels are utilized: 700 (red) and 800nm (green), which allows for bands on opposite channels to produce yellow when overlapped, as well as the detection of two separate targets in the same experiment. The Odyssey can also be used to visualize coomassie-stained gels, which are visible with the 700nm laser.
- Various heat blocks and refrigerated centrifuges.
- Bioinformatics Computer running Oligo7, Sequence Scanner, Affymetrix Expression Console and Affymetrix Transcriptome Analysis Console software.