The EVMS-Sentara Healthcare Analytics and Delivery Science Institute (HADSI) pilot grant is made available through a partnership between EVMS and Sentara. The goal is to develop a collaborative framework for conducting focused and prioritized research in healthcare analytics and delivery, translational research, population health, clinical trials, community health disparities and other high priority areas in Hampton Roads and are recommended by the Institute's Joint Governance Board. Partnerships between clinical faculty and those with population health expertise are strongly encouraged. Proposals will be reviewed by blinded reviewers identified by the Institute's Steering Committee, with final decisions made by the Joint Governance Board. Preference will be given to projects that align with the institute's goals and include explicit plans for incorporating the use of data analytics. Grant awards will be announced no later than December 30, 2022.
2022 RFP - Round 7 HADSI Pilot Funding
Application Process and Requirements
Step One: Letter of Intent
Due by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 24th, 2022
A one-page letter of intent (LOI) is required before submitting a full proposal. Identify in the LOI the investigators and their affiliations, the care categories and target population(s), data source(s), study objective (hypothesis), analytical plan and potential project outcomes. LOIs will be screened for relevance to the RFP. Please submit the one-page LOI to firstname.lastname@example.org (one single PDF file preferred). Final decisions will be announced by end of July 2022.
Step Two: Submission of a Full Proposal
Due by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 28th, 2022
Investigators with selected LOIs will be invited to submit a full proposal. If invited to submit a proposal, a completed proposal package, including the signed Project Approval Form, must be submitted as one single PDF to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 28th, 2022. Final decisions will be announced by December 30, 2022.
Required Documents for the Research Proposal Package
The research proposal must be typed, single-spaced, have margins of at least 1 inch, and use Times New Roman 12-point font. The maximum proposal length is 12 pages (including figures/tables and references), with pages numbered. The proposal should consist of the following:
- Scientific Abstract (Maximum 30 lines on a separate page)
- Specific Aims (Maximum 1 page) Provide an active title of each aim, followed by a clear description of how the aim will be implemented and the anticipated outcomes.
- Significance and Innovation (Maximum 1 page): Explain the importance of the problem addressed by the proposal and the application of the proposed work to the development of new knowledge in the research area. Describe how expected results will make a clear and significant contribution to the field of scientific knowledge, technical capabilities and/or clinical practice. Describe any novel concepts or approaches used or developed by the proposed work, and any new applications/improvements in methods, instrumentation or interventions.
- Research Approachand Methods (maximum 4 pages): Describe the overall strategy, methodology and analyses used to accomplish the specific aims of the proposal, integrating any preliminary (or published) data into the discussion of the specific aims. Discuss any pitfalls and outline contingency plans and anticipated results and timeline. Outline the scientific and scholarly opportunities made possible through any collaborations proposed.
- Institute Goals: On a separate page, outline how the proposal fulfills the institute’s goals (Maximum 200 words)
- Impact Plan: Describe how the results can be used to impact current delivery science, detail a dissemination plan for presenting and publishing findings, and specify future plans for extramural funding if applicable (maximum 1 page).
- References: Provide pertinent empirical studies published within the past 5 years (no page limit).
- Biosketch: NIH style bio-sketches must be provided for all investigators. (Maximum 5 pages each). A template is available here and on the HADSI webstie, www.evms.edu/hadsi. Bio sketch pages do not count toward total proposal page count.
- Budget: A detailed, itemized budget must be provided. Justification of all budget items is required. (Maximum 2 pages) Budget Template
- Roles and Interaction of PI and Collaborators: Describe in detail the roles of each member in the project and how collaboration will enhance the scope and/or ensure completion of the project. (Maximum 1 page)
- EVMS Project Approval Form August 2022: All investigators must be listed on the form. The completed form must be signed by all parties.