Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc., has selected the following six individuals to receive its annual Community Leaders’ Awards, which honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
- Father James Curran, Rector, Basilica of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception
- Anderson Foreman Jr., Pastor, New Galillee Missionary Baptist Church
- Karen Hills Pruden, President and CEO, Pruden Global Business Solutions
- Sharon Sheffield, Physician, OB-GYNS Physicians, Inc.
- Winston Whitehurst Sr., Second Vice President, Let’s Make a Difference
New this year is the Rising Community Leader Award, which will be presented to Montae Taylor, a student at Old Dominion University.
The awards will be presented at the 34th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Leaders’ Breakfast to be held at 8 a.m. Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott in downtown Norfolk.
EVMS is the co-host of the breakfast with the Urban League. Other sponsors include Norfolk State University and Old Dominion University. Individual tickets are $40 until Jan. 10, 2018. After Jan. 10, the price is $50, but this event usually sells out.
Sponsorships are still available. For more information, call 757.627.0864 or visit the Urban League website.