Applications are now being accepted for the Dr. L.D. Britt Grant for Health Equity and Diversity. The grant provides seed funding for faculty and scholars at EVMS to conduct collaborative research on diversity and health equity. It is named in honor of L.D. Britt, MD, MPH, the Edward J. Brickhouse Chair in Surgery, the Henry Ford Professor of Surgery, and Professor and Chair of Surgery.
Projects will be supported that explore the challenges of, and/or develop interventions that:
- address disparities in patient care through education/training (at the UME, GME or CME levels)
- address disparities in patient access, outreach and continuity of care
- address health disparities by advancing therapeutic discovery
- advance community engagement and education
- address the lack of diversity in the health professions through innovative engagement and mentoring approaches for trainees underrepresented in medicine at various levels in the pathway
The grant can provide resources to plan, initiate and develop research projects, as well as produce preliminary data, in order to prepare a strong submission for external funding. Full details are available on the Research Portal. Applications will be accepted through Jan. 11, 2021. Send questions about the grant to EVMSResearch@evms.edu.