2021 Fellowship Match. Congratulations everyone!!
The strength of any residency program rests in the caliber of its residents. CHKD/EVMS employs exemplary, well rounded residents with a passion for making the lives of children better.
Current trainees showcase diverse backgrounds with educations in a variety of quality medical institutions. Each training year is comprised of 22 residents (plus 4 chief residents).
For over 50 years, our program's alumni have received superior preparation and immense support in pursuing successful career paths of their choosing. Learn more about EVMS/CHKD's Pediatric Residency graduates by visiting our alumni section.
Annual Resident Retreat
In addition to GME Wellness, we provide:
Annual Events & Socials
- Program-affiliated Educational Conferences: Autism, Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Chronic Illness, etc.
- Academic year social kickoff (Rover Cruise, Blue Moon Taphouse)
- Graduation events (Intern, Senior)
- Fall residency program retreat (all classes)
- Match day celebration and happy-hour
- Pediatrics day at the zoo
- Other Resident/Faculty socials (movie nights, Top Golf, Local sports games)
- discuss the social and emotional issues in caring for patients and families
- open and honest interdisciplinary dialog
- group conversation and reflection facilitated by Dr. Ami Mehta, Director of Pain/Palliative Care and former chief resident
- acknowledging frustrations, addressing work/life balance, developing coping mechanisms, and navigating resident life