Specialized Ultrasound Technologies
The ultrasound unit at the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine is nationally recognized for providing the highest quality patient care and for its contribution to research in the field of obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound.
The unit is fully accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, a reflection of the high standard of ultrasound imaging provided. The unit is staffed by seven full-time registered diagnostic medical sonographers with extensive expertise in high-risk obstetrical ultrasound. These sonographers work in conjunction with seven Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists to provide comprehensive ultrasound examinations.
The unit is equipped with state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, including eight color Doppler machines as well as a 3-D machine with the latest software. In a friendly and comforting environment, the following ultrasound services are provided:
- Targeted obstetrics/gynecology ultrasound examinations
- Transvaginal ultrasound examinations
- Fetal echocardiography
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)
- Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling (PUBS)
- Fetal transfusions and other in utero fetal therapies
- Detailed obstetric & gynecologic Doppler evaluations
- Ovarian cancer screening
- Nuchal translucency