Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
This depends on what kind of insurance you have.
If you have an HMO, you must:
- Get a referral from your primary care physician before you call to make an appointment.
- Make sure that your referral has not expired. Many are good for only 30 days, so check yours before you come to your appointment. If your referral has expired, call your primary care physician and explain your situation. In most cases, your primary care physician will provide a new or extended referral.
- Bring the referral with you to the appointment. If you do not have a referral, or if the referral you have is expired, your HMO will not pay for your appointment.
How do I contact my doctor in an emergency?
In an emergency you may need to call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
You may reach your doctor's office during the weekday between 8AM and 5PM at his or her regular office number.
- River Pavilion Office - 757-388-6200
- Princess Anne Office - 757-689-8500
- CHKD Offices (Drs. Derkay, Darrow, Baldassari and Reeves) - 757-668-9327
After regular office hours and on weekends call 757-388-6200 to reach the answering service and the doctor on call.
Do I need to fill out paperwork before my appointment?
New patient paperwork varies by department. Please see the corresponding services page to download the proper paperwork.
Please print and complete the forms and bring them to your first appointment with you. This will save you time and eliminate the guesswork and juggling that comes from completing clipboard forms at the office.