Information for Off-Campus EVMS Users
Accessing databases and other resources from off-campus
EVMS network account holders can access licensed library databases and other resources from off-campus via the EVMS proxy server. When a restricted resource is selected — e.g., StatRef or MDConsult — you will be asked for your EVMS network account username and password. This is the same username and password that you use for Blackboard. Once these are entered, you will have full access to the database.
- If you have questions about these resources, please contact the Library (757) 446-5851 or e-mail the Information Desk.
- If you have questions about your username and password, contact the Network Information Center at (757) 446-5871 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For training information, call April Pace, Education Coordinator, at (757) 446-5846 or email at email@example.com.
Ask a Librarian: Information about the reference and search services available to EVMS associates.
- PubMed LinkOut (Provides links to EVMS full-text journals)
- MEDLINE (through EBSCOhost)
- PsycINFO (APA)
Electronic Full-text Resources
- PubMed LinkOut : Provides links to most EVMS full-text journals. Look for the "EVMS Online" icon.
- Electronic Journals: Alphabetical and "By Discipline" lists of full-text journals
- Electronic Books: Alphabetical, searchable list of electronic books.
- Access Medicine: Full-text access to current medical text-books, study aids and clinical tools
- ClinicalKey : Full-text access to current medical reference texts, journals, patient handouts, and drug information.
- STAT!Ref (E-Books) : Full-text access to current medical reference texts and clinical tools.
Online Catalog: Search for books by author, title, subject, or keyword or, click on “Periodical Title” to search by journal title to find print periodicals.
Request an Article or Book through ILLiad, the Library's document delivery system.
Hint: Before putting in an ILLiad request for a journal article, try cutting and pasting the title of the article into Google Scholar to make sure there is not a free version available.
Last updated, 2016 May 3