Students remain with their Community-Engaged Learning initiative for four years. This allows for both a cumulative impact that students can see, and a depth of expertise in the area that would not otherwise be practical.
- In M1 and M2 years, students serve for about 15 hours each year.
- In the M1 year, students complete two hours of eLearning in Followership, Leadership and Systems Thinking.
- Typically, in M2 year, students have training that focuses on their service pathway. For example, in nutrition and exercise, there is an eLearning curriculum that is part of a nutrition certification.
- Students are mentored by both faculty and more senior students. We often find M2 students leading M1 students in projects, which makes sense because they know the ropes.
- The demanding requirements of clerkships often result in limited participation
for M3s, but M3s have opportunities to mentor M1 and M2 students on their
- In M4 year, students focus on Capstone research, presenting on that research