Eastern Virginia Medical School proudly considers itself a veteran-friendly school and has established the I-SERVED (Incoming Students Entitled to Reimbursement for Veterans with Eligible Documents) secondary fee reimbursement program to thank applicants who have served in the United States military. Using the I-SERVED program, applicants are eligible for reimbursement of their EVMS secondary application fee accrued during the application process.
Rules and restrictions of the Veterans I-SERVED Program
- Application for reimbursement is open to incoming MD students with documentation of prior military service and may only be submitted after acceptance and matriculation to EVMS.
- Eligible documentation of prior service includes at least one of the following:
Original Honorable/Medical Discharge Certificate,
Original DD-214 or
VA Identification Card
- HPSP recipients and students under inherited GI Bill benefits do not necessarily qualify for reimbursement unless documentation of prior military service is also provided.
- Eligible students must submit application and documentation to Admissions no later than Sept. 30 of the year of their matriculation (M1).
- Students who fail to meet the Sept. 30 deadline forfeit entitlement eligibility.
Note: Certificates with "Less than Honorable Discharge" will not be considered for this benefit.