New Information (Third Year Applicants Only): We are now accepting transfer applicaitons from students attending non-LCME accredited allopathic medical schools with Step 1 USMLE board scores above the national average.
In general, all transfers must meet the requirements stated for general admission. Applicants can be considered for transfer into the second or third year of our curriculum only to fill vacancies that may arise with the withdrawal of previously enrolled students.
General requirements for all transfer applicants
- Only U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents who are currently enrolled and in good standing can be considered for transfer.
- A minimum of 100 undergraduate semester hours from an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada must be completed including one year of biology, two years of chemistry (including organic chemistry) and one year of physics. A lab component must accompany all courses listed above.
- Applicants must have grades of “C” or better in all required courses.
- Official copies of undergraduate and medical school transcripts are required as well as an official copy of MCAT scores.
- Transfer of credit may be allowed for coursework taken at the transfer applicant's prior medical school. Decisions regarding applicability of transfer courses/credit will be made by the Associate Dean of Admissions and Enrollment in consultation with the faculty as deemed appropriate.
- Three letters of evaluation are required. One must be from the dean of the medical school currently attended and two from members of the medical school faculty.
- Interview evaluation.
- All requirements for transfer should be completed prior to March 1 of the entering school year.
Applicants who have completed one year in a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) can be considered for advanced standing. Transfer applicants for the second year of our curriculum must be currently enrolled in an LCME-accredited medical school.
Third-year applicants only:
Applicants who have completed two years in either a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or a non-LCME accredited allopathic school can be considered for advanced standing. Applicants from both LCME accredited schools and allopathic non-LCME accredited schools must have USMLE board scores above the national average.
Access the full application with instructions here: Transfer Application