The Master of Medical and Health Professions Education (MMHPE) program evaluates applicants using a variety of items submitted by the applicant. All components of an application are reviewed prior to making an admission decision.
Effective August 29, 2018, the Master of Medical and Health Professions Education program will be participating in the Graduate Centralized Application Service (GradCAS)
Admission requirements for:
Ready to apply?
Submit an application to the Master of Medical & Health Professions Education program.
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule, it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Professions/Medical discipline or related field or a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with the addition of 3+ years of work experience in a health field
- Complete and submit online application (including $60 application fee)
- Qualifying GPA of 3.0 or better (4-point scale)
- Actual undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better (foreign degrees considered on a case-by-case basis) from the degree-granting institution, OR
- Completed U.S. graduate degree GPA of 3.0 or better from the degree-granting institution, OR
- A replacement GPA of 3.0 or better computed from the most recent 40 semester credit hours of U.S. graduate and undergraduate coursework in the case where a graduate degree was started and not completed
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with applicant's ability to be successful in an online graduate program
- Letter of intent/personal essay outlining the applicant's academic and professional goals related to medical and health professions education
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae with medical and health professions education experience listed
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended, including an official transcript from any degree-granting institution that specifies the date upon which the degree was issued. Transcripts must be sent to GradCas only. GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from:
- To send transcripts to GradCAS by mail:
- Download a transcript request form after you enter each institution in GradCAS
- Send the transcript request form to the registrar at the institution requesting the transcript be sent to:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
Requests to transfer graduate credits from another accredited U.S. or Canadian institution are considered on an individual basis after students are admitted to the EVMS MMHPE program. International credits are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
A student may transfer up to 9 graduate credit hours, if all of the following conditions hold:
- Graduate course credits were completed at an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution and are reflected on an official transcript
- Transfers can feasibly occur within the three-year matriculation limit of this MMHPE program
- Grade earned is a B or better
All requests must be made no later than one full term prior to graduation from the program.
Students who wish to request that graduate credits be transferred into the MMHPE program must submit a copy of the syllabus for the course and a MMHPE Transfer Approval Form to the program director who will consult with teaching faculty as appropriate and render a decision. Approved transfer grades are included on an MMHPE student's transcript; however, transfer grades are not included in semester or cumulative GPA calculations.
Requirements for admission include:
- English proficiency exams (may be waived)
- TOEFL Minimum Scores: Paper 550, Computer 213, iBT 80
- IELTS Minimum Scores: Total 6.5, Subscores 6
- A transcript evaluation and translation
- GradCAS will ONLY accept the evaluation report from the credentialing agency. Do not send your foreign transcript to GradCAS.
- All other foreign transcript evaluations from the credentialing agency must be sent directly to GradCAS to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing CenterGRE School Code is: 5729 TOEFL School Code is B886
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
Applicant Help Center
- Having trouble accessing the GradCAS application? The preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- The Applicant Help Center can be accessed here: Applicant Help Center
- If you have questions about your application status, please contact your GradCAS Customer Service Representative contact information at (857) 304-2086 or GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
Admission will occur on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled. Graduates of foreign programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.