Medical & Health Professions Education Master's Program Admission Requirements
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- A bachelor’s degree in Health Professions/Medical related discipline, Education or related field OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with the addition of 3 + years of work experience in a health related field.
- Official transcripts must be sent in an unopened envelope directly to admissions office.
- GPA of 3.0 (4-point scale)
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with student's ability to be successful in an online graduate program (Online recommender forms will be sent to the recommenders upon completion of online application)
- Letter of intent/personal essay
- Resume/CV with health-related experience listed
- Complete and Submit Online Application (including $60 application fee)
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
- English Proficiency Exams
- TOEFL (Minimum Scores: Paper 550, Computer 213, iBT 80)
- IELTS (Minimum Scores: Total 6.5, Subscores 6)
- May be waived
- In addition to official transcripts provide both a transcript evaluation and translation
- ECE or WES
- Must supply both a Course-by-Course Evaluation and an overall GPA calculation.
- ECE or WES
Program to begin August 2015
The application submission and review is on a rolling schedule for students seeking entry into the program. Applications received will be considered based on merit and space availability. Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible, and students will be notified of the admissions committee decision (Starting January 2015). Students who plan to seek financial aid are advised to submit their applications as early as possible. Upon acceptance into the program, a $300 non-refundable matriculation fee (which will be credited towards the first semester's tuition) is required to secure class placement.
Official transcripts, scores and supportive application documents should be mailed to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions at the address below. If you experience technical difficulties or related problems in completing your online application, please contact:
School of Health Professions
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
Attention: Medical & Health Professions Education
Eastern Virginia Medical School
700 W. Olney Road, Room 1155
Norfolk, VA 23507-1607