Laboratory Animal Science Program Computer Standards
Each student must have a personal laptop or desktop computer capable of running the necessary software and applications used in our curriculum. The standards listed below are the minimum necessary for a student to successfully participate in an online program at EVMS.
All computer related support, troubleshooting, and updates will be the student’s responsibility; it is highly suggested that a service plan be purchased.
Students who are eligible for federal aid may be able to increase the financial aid budget to be reimbursed over the academic year for the cost of your computer. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid email@example.com or 757-446-5804.
- NOTE: Netbooks, iPads and other tablets are not viable choices to meet the standards.
- Processor: minimum dual core
- RAM: minimum 2 GB
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- CD/DVD drive
- Wireless (PCI) Cards: 802.11 b/g/n
- Operating System
- Windows 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit) Home Premium or higher is recommended
- MAC OSX 10.6 or higher will likely work but is not officially supported
- PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- MAC: Safari versions 3.2.1 or higher
- DO NOT USE BETA VERSIONS OF THESE BROWSERS
- OTHER Items
- Service plan of 24 months or more is highly suggested
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard Edition or Higher
- THIS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH EVMS AT A REDUCED RATE AFTER ENROLLMENT
- External Storage device for data backup